Content is not a commodity! At CanIRank we value the creativity, strategic thinking, and thoughtful process that goes into creating content that will drive business goals and not just fill space on the internet.
If you’re as fascinated by the concept behind a piece as the ordering of words on the page, you might be our kind of writer.
We’re CanIRank, a 100% distributed digital marketing agency with a unique model that combines the best of machine learning-based software and a team of dynamic specialists working from home to collaborate on interesting and challenging client projects without the overhead of a traditional agency.
Most of our clients are small to medium-sized startups, SaaS, and niche ecommerce, and they rely on our creativity to break through a crowded marketplace dominated by MegaBrands who aren’t always known for a soulful or human-centric content experience.
It’s a hefty challenge, but you won’t be going alone: as our new Freelance Writer you’ll join a 21-person team of smart and friendly digital marketers who are as passionate about honing their craft as they are helping clients win: specialists in PR, technical SEO, optimization, content design, information architecture, and social media. Your role will focus on conception and execution of all content components of a campaign, including blog posts, website copy, press releases, emails, and more.
If you’ve previously thought of yourself as “only” a writer, this could be an opportunity to learn how content connects to other components of a campaign, and sharpen your skills in ancillary areas such as SEO, brand, and user experience.
This is a remote work, flex-time, freelance position. Depending on the task and your skill level, you can earn hourly rates ranging from $18-28 / hr or $40 – $500 / task. Other benefits include regular paid training, culture events, performance bonuses, and the opportunity to work with (and learn from) some pretty badass digital marketers!
If you enjoy working with us and clients appreciate your work, there is potential to move into a full-time employee role including a comprehensive benefits package.
- 5 years professional writing experience, or internships of extraordinary relevance and quality
- Demonstrated ability to write content that drives business objectives
- Prior success in a freelance or remote work role
- Self-disciplined: you prefer to structure your own tasks, all the better to try out that new hyper-productivity system you read about last weekend
- Virtually extraverted: it’s OK if you’re shy at parties, but on the internet you’re not afraid to speak up, always remembering that there’s a real person on the other side of your monitor, and connecting in an authentic manner whether you’re pitching a TechCrunch writer or helping Milfred find a new web host for her gluten free dog biscuit store.
DEFINITELY APPLY IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ALSO APPLY TO YOU:
- You regularly contribute to Tier 1 online or print publications
- You bring specialized knowledge or industry expertise, particularly with technical, financial, or health subject matter
- Experience in an SME-focused PR, SEO, or Content Marketing Agency
- You can make your colleagues laugh even over an awkward Google Hangouts video call
To apply, please complete the application here