If you’re a writer and want to reach a large audience of people interested in mental health, we hope you’ll consider blogging for us. We are looking for diverse mental health bloggers (paid contract positions) only in the following areas:
- Bipolar from a young adult’s perspective
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Parenting a child with a mental illness
- Mental health and youth
- Family members with mental illness
- Borderline personality disorder
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning and mental health issues
- Binge eating disorder
- Living with adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Verbal abuse in relationships
Note: You must choose one or more of the above subject areas and you must have lived experience with that topic.
Here are the requirements:
- We are looking for people with lived experience and a depth of knowledge in their topic.
- Your real name and picture will be placed on the blog. You may not post as “anonymous.”
- You must be 21 or over.
- You must be a technically proficient writer who can write compelling, original content. To give you an example of what we consider to be good writing, please see here and here.
- You need to be able to speak out on topics relating to your subject and be willing to share pertinent and personal experiences.
- You must do compelling videos. All bloggers are required to do at least one video blog post a month.
- You must be able to promote your blog via your website, Facebook, Twitter, and so on.
- You must be able to respond appropriately to reader comments.
- You must be willing to make a one-year commitment to blogging with us.
- You need to be reliable and self-motivated.
- You must be able to use a blogging platform and knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) is a plus.
If you are interested and have what it takes, please send us an email (info [AT] healthyplace [DOT] com, subject header: blogger position) with the following:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- The chosen blog topic (one or more from the above list only)
- Your experience with the chosen topic(s)
- A summary of who you are, your writing experience, any blogging or website experience, your motivation for doing this, and what you might have to offer to our readers
- A link to your current blog or site (if you have one)
- A 350-400 word sample blog post on your desired topic as a
- Word document attachment; this must be included to be considered
- A creative (not you just sitting in front of your computer) 30-second video that goes with your sample (a video taken on your phone is fine)
- Links to your social media accounts
Please understand it can take up to a month to process your application due to the number of applications we receive. We appreciate your time and interest and look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com